This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1927. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- Autopoint starts fountain pen production
- Carter's Ink Company converts its production to celluloid
- the Alfredo Verga dei Fratelli Verga is closed, Eugenio Verga continue Columbus production alone
- De La Rue - Onoto productions is transferred to Strathendry in the Fifeshire, Scotland
- Dunn ceases operations
- Moore Pen Company introduces its first celluloid models
- Omega A.V.M. is founded by Alfredo Verga in Milano
- Pilot starts producing mechanical pencils
- Presbitero is founded by Pietro Presbitero in Milano
- Sager is founded by Salomon M. Sager in Chicago, Illinois
- Swan introduces fist models in celluloid
- Wahl Eversharp introduces celluloid models in the Jade Green, Lapis Blue and Coral Red colours
- Patent GB-265005, applied in 1927, by Marx Finstone, Eclipse. Improvements in art of manufacturing fountain pen caps and barrels.
- Patent GB-289969, applied in 1927, by Henry J. Dixon, De La Rue - Onoto. Improvements in Reservoir Pens.
- Patent FR-33407E, applied in 1927, De La Rue - Onoto. Perfectionnements aux porte-plume à réservoir.
- Patent GB-303699, applied in 1927, by Isaia Levi, Aurora. Improvements in or relating to Fountain Pens.
- Patent US-1867932, applied in 1927, by Carl W. Gronemann et al, Wahl Eversharp. Means for making pen nibs.
- Patent US-1733780, applied in 1927, by Frank C. Deli, William D. Groseclose, Autopoint. Filling device for fountain pens.
- Patent US-D073416, applied in 1927, by Julius L. Schnell, Schnell. Design for a pen clip or similar article.
- Patent US-1892523, applied in 1927, by Alexander Innes Ferrier, Pen Desk Set Company. Desk set for fountain pens.
- Patent GB-291607, applied in 1927, by Arthur Stanley Jones, Conway Stewart. Improvements in or relating to Fountain Pens.
- Patent US-D076794, applied in 1927, by Walter E. Guyot, The Parker Pen Company. Design for a support for penholder.
- Patent GB-297194, applied in 1927, by Arthur Stanley Jones, Conway Stewart. Improvements in or relating to Fountain Pens.
- Patent FR-639313, applied in 1927, by Charlesworth Livsey, Lang - Curzon - Summit. Porte-plume réservoir.
- Patent FR-639606, applied in 1927, by Yves Zuber, Stylomine. Pointe à redents pour porte-mine automatique ou autre.
- Patent US-1783630, applied in 1927, by Walter A. Sheaffer, William R. Cuthbert, Pen Desk Set Company. Fountain-pen desk stand.
- Patent US-D079691, applied in 1927, by Robert Back, Glenn A. Cooper, Pen Desk Set Company. Design for a combined desk stand and penholder.
- Patent US-1801310, applied in 1927, by Walter Heagney, Pen Desk Set Company. Fountain-pen desk stand.
- Patent US-1708671, applied in 1927, by Daniel W. Hemming, Waterman. Machine for writing a plurality of signatures.
- Patent US-1853316, applied in 1927, by Oscar F. Nilsson, Joseph Bachrach, Waterman. Device for facilitating the filling of fountain pens.
- all dates referring to features or models introduction for the Ancora pens are guessed and marked as such, because there are no catalogs or listings with clear data; so the cited year is always an approximation, referring to a wider time period (with two year less or more than the used value).
- Luca de Ponti reports the 1927 end, Letizia Jacopini reports around 1929, a flyer for the "Esposizione di Torino" in 1928 with celluloid models leads to take as correct the first date.