Pull filler

From FountainPen
(Redirected from Pull filler)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is a translated version of the page Pull filler and the translation is 100% complete.
Filling systems

Thepull filler, also called the collar filler, is a filling system that dates back to around 1906 (the patent is nº US-804847 applied for in 1905), when Holland, then still one of the most important manufacturers of fountain pens, introduced a model that used it.

Diagram of a pen with collar filler

The system, clearly influenced by the crescent filler of which it is essentially an alternative, involves the presence of a metal rod that covers about half the diameter of the body of the pen, connected internally to a pressure bar located on the opposite side of the inner rubber tank.

By pulling the rod (called the collar, from which the other name of the system) you compress the rubber tank and thus allow the filling of the pen. As you can easily guess, the mechanism is substantially similar to the crescent filler, with the advantage of protruding less from the side of the pen, but still remains not too pleasant on the aesthetic level.

Related Patents

  • Patent n° US-1072073, of 1913-09-02, requested on 1912-08-19, of George F. Brandt, Boston Pen. Fountain-pen.