This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1942. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- Columbus factory is destroyed by bombing, production is moved to Lesa
- Estense is founded by Maria Pozzetti in Modena as Marca Estense
- Inoxcrom is founded by Manuel Vaqué Ferrandis in Barcellona as Industrial MAVA
- Günther Wagner - Pelikan produce war version for Pelikan 100 without metal rings for the internal marked (June)
- Günther Wagner - Pelikan produce war version for Pelikan 100N without metal rings for the internal marked
- Günther Wagner - Pelikan replace the piston cork seal with black plastic (October)
- Stylomine introduces the Stylomine 302 mechanical pencil
- Stylomine introduces a wheat ear engraved decoration of the clip
- Patent FR-883238, applied in 1942, Stylomine. Pince articulée pour stylographes, porte-mines ou objets analogues.
- Patent US-2314563, applied in 1942, by Herman K. Stempel, Robert E. Freeman, W. A. Sheaffer Pen Company. Fountain pen.
- Patent US-2377444, applied in 1942, by John William Para, Karl Weisser, Wearever. Fountain pen presser bar and method of producing the same.
- Patent US-2343991, applied in 1942, by David F. Mohns, The Parker Pen Company. Filling mechanism for fountain pens.
- Patent FR-889907, applied in 1942, Météore - La Plume d'Or. Perfectionnements aux porte-plume à réservoir.
- Patent US-2365473, applied in 1942, by David Kahn, John William Para, Wearever. Writing instrument assemblage.
- Patent US-D135890, applied in 1942, by David Kahn, Wearever. Design for a fountain pen and pencil clip or the like.
- Patent DE-870813, applied in 1942, by Paul Buschle, Compaktor. Fuellfederhalter mit einem im hinteren Ende des Halterschaftes angeordneten Hohlkolben.