From FountainPen
Jump to: navigation, search

In 1911 De La Rue lost the state contract for the production of stamps and underwent an internal restructuring to become a limited liability company owned by Thomas Andros and his sons, in 1915, Evelyn De La Rue resigned and the company remained in the hands of his brother Andros Stuart who did not have a significant interest in the production of fountain pens. The company suffered a drop in sales, which led in 1921 to restructure itself as a limited company, with the property that was essentially sold to a consortium of three other major companies.