This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1878. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- Johan Faber starts the Johan Faber A. G., part of what will be the Faber-Castell
- Günther Wagner registers the Pelikan trademark, creating the Günther Wagner Pelikan
- Mabie Todd & Bard starts fountain pens production with the Calligraphic model
- Tempo is founded by Engelbert Gerspacher in Vienna
- Patent US-202655, applied in 1878, by John A. Holland, John Holland Pen Company. Improvement in fountain-pens.
- Patent US-206200, applied in 1878, by William W. Stewart, Swan. Improvement in fountain-pen holders.
- Patent US-258299, applied in 1878, by John A. Holland, John Holland Pen Company. Writing-point for stylographic pens.
- Patent US-211575, applied in 1878, by John A. Holland, John Holland Pen Company. Improvement in fountain-pens.