Translations:Kaweco/6/en

From FountainPen
Jump to: navigation, search

The first fountain pens production of the Heidelberger Federhalterfabrik goes back to 1892, with hard rubber eyedropper and safety pens. In 1899 two businessmen, Heinrich Koch and Rudolph Weber acquired the company, which became the Heidelberger Federhalterfabrik Koch, Weber & Compagnie, shifting production to Handschuhsheim, and marketing began to be carried out under the brand name KaWeCo, born from the abbreviation of Koch, Weber & Compagnie, other brands used at the time were Perkeo and Omega. In the same period is believed to have begun the nibs importation from A. Morton & Co. in New York.